‘Walgrove’ circa 1905, extended in the 1960’s, privately occupying 9.2 hectares of pasture improved, highly fertile red soils and rolling fully fenced paddocks, direct river access and water allowance, a short direct to Yass, easy access from the Barton Highway and only a 40 minute drive (approximate) to Canberra.
Welcoming you down the grand entrance into the property with the sweeping, red gravel sealed, circular driveway, this impressive rural sanctuary has been restored and modernised, wrapped in mature gardens, lawns and established private greenery. Dramatic dimensions, steeped in tradition accents with high ceilings throughout, multiple fireplaces, solid timber feature beams, quality floor coverings and banks of glass allowing generous natural light to pour in with a different panoramic garden view from each and every window.
Elegantly designed formal lounge and dining room, open plan family and meals area, sitting or rumpus room, additional living or sunroom, quality high-end Miele kitchen, three bathrooms including the grand ensuite, study with quality cabinetry plus self-contained two bedroom guest accommodation with private entry.
Superb alfresco entertaining options with the sparkling swimming pool and covered pergola, this incredible property provides an unparalleled lifestyle haven of space, versatility and state-of-the-art appointments.
• Three bedroom original homestead, three bathrooms including ensuite with freestanding bathtub, walk-in robe to main with built-in robes to further two bedrooms
• Renovated and high-end kitchen with soft close cabinetry, Miele appliances including induction cooktop, microwave, oven, dishwasher, 40mm stone waterfall benchtops
• Study, with built-in cabinetry and study desk. Upstairs loft off family and meals room
• High ceilings throughout including feature solid timber beams
• Formal lounge room, formal dining room, sitting room, family and meals area and living room
• Four ducted heating/cooling systems, three open fireplaces, one Chimnee Phillipe, Underfloor heating to all areas
• Guest cottage with two bedrooms, one bathroom, ceiling fans, new split systems to both bedrooms and kitchenette with sink and bar fridge
• Full Yass River frontage (Non-potable water allocation of 350,000lt per lot). Fully irrigated mature gardens with new pump system
• Inground solar heated concrete pool with diving board and all new filter, piping and pumps and Bionizer pool filtration
• New 25kw solar system (72 panels), fully fenced dog run and invisible fence with electronic collar (cables underground), full sized tennis court, cubby house/ inground trampoline, three car carport
• 100,000L inground water tank, Envirocycle septic system, fully fenced block, large brick gardeners shed
• 8km to Yass town, easy access to the Barton Highway
• 9.26Ha block, zoned E4, with council waste collection and community management scheme
Inspection by appointment only